CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
The Company is committed towards the Corporate Social Responsibility by addressing social development imperatives of Society, especially in the areas of rural development, education, healthcare and protection & promotion of environment.
The Company’s Gadegaon Unit, in furtherance of the above objectives had under taken following social work activities during the year 2009-2010
• Clean drinking water 45,000 ltr. Per day is being supplied to the village of Gadegaon, on continues basis.
• One Unit of Ladies Public Toilets with capacity of 24 blocks for 600 ladies has been provided to Gadegaon village in promotion of Governments National Program “Human Defecation”. The Toilet Unit is equipped with all basic amenities. Three more Units of similar capacity are planned to be constructed during the current year. The facility is widely appreciated especially by the women of the village & popularly called “Gappa Shauchalaya”
• The Company is in the process of providing basic infrastructure to the local Jilha Parishad, Primary School which includes clean drinking water, light , Fans and desks in classrooms, recreation hall, training facility for teachers, library etc. The Company had provided uniforms to the school students earlier. The thrust area is of providing support for improving the quality of education.
• The Company has already provided decoratively constructed “Meditation Centre” of around 2,000 sq.ft. near the shrine of Sant Totaram Maharaj in Gadegaon village for the benefit of villagers.
• The Company has appropriately funded / donated modern medical equipment to the Multi specialty Hospital constructed by Police Dept., Jalgaon for the welfare of District Police personnel and their families.
• The Children of ex policemen, who sacrificed their life, while discharging their national duties, have been absorbed in employment at our Gadegaon Factory.
• The Company employees donated 300 bottles of blood thru blood donation camp organized by Indian Red Cross Society at Gadegaon factory.
• The Company had supported generously to the local function of “Khandesh Mahoutsav“ Jalgaon for promotion of khandesh culture, heritage, tourism and local artists .
• Company has shown it’s commitment towards Physically Disabled persons by taking a mission “Positive towards Disabled People (PDP)”, and provided employment initially to four PDP at Gadegaon factory.
-- Pg 17-18 of Annual Report
In our endeavour to contribute our mite to society, and to the environment we operate in, we have taken several small but meaningful steps.
Take education, for example. Supreme has established a Sanskrit college, an industrial training institute and medical institutions in Rajasthan.
Supreme Petrochem has adopted three villages near its plant in Maharashtra : and is providing drinking water, constructing classrooms, offering scholarships, even contributing resources for the local library.
Over 100,000 trees have been planted as part of a social afforestation programme.
Already accredited with ISO 14001, many of our units are demonstrating industry best practices of pollution control, waste management and energy optimization.
As on 12-11-10, information on CSR available on the company website is the same as was available for the last 2 years.